Join me as I discover and share new quilting techniques

Monday, January 4, 2010


My first day back at work after a TWO WEEK break... I need a bumper sticker that reads "I'd rather be quilting!" But it wasn't so bad... so thankful to have a job in this economy. The break was a great time to "practice for retirement" and understand how much fun I'm going to have when my schedule (someday) becomes my very own. The new washing machine is washing away tonight and I see empty laundry baskets in my future... the joy!!

The applique of "Spring Snowflake" is done! Not layered and quilted yet but the applique by hand was a great learning experience and I really enjoyed working on it while I watched TV (re-runs of The Tudors on Showtime started last night...the BEST)!! My plan is to quilt and finish just this one 12" block and frame it in a scrapbook frame. The new magazine I bought last week "100 Quilt Blocks" featured this pattern and suggested that any of the 12" blocks will fit a scrapbook frame. What a quick project for some new art work!!




Here's a little applique practice I worked on last week.... one white snowflake against the red fabric. This one is also done by hand - practicing my (almost) invisible stitches. I have some other snowflake templates that I will probably add to this piece.
Another churn dash block ... I call this one "Farm Town".... the details include cute little canned jellies and a hen..... the back of this is green polka-dot. I hand quilted this one but it still needs its binding completed...another rainy day project! One of many rainy day projects in my quilting corner. The picture below is a little close-up of one of the details that made me love this fabric... it was a fat quarter set from the Wal-Mart and cute as pie, I thought! It occured to me last night that I need to start NOW on Christmas quilt projects for December. I have some ideas brewing.....
See you again soon and thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment